السلام عليكم (As-salaamu alaykum). I’m Mustafa Siddiqui, founder of Ultimate Arabic.
If any of the following sound like you:
- “I read the Quran, but I don’t know what it says without reading a translation.”
- “I want to be a scholar of Islam, but I don’t know Arabic.”
- “I want to know what the scholars said in explanation of the Quran and Hadith.”
- “I want to learn Arabic, but I’m intimidated by it.”
- “I’m using a book to teach myself Arabic, but I need a walk-through of it.”
- “I’ve studied some Arabic, but I want to be able to appreciate the linguistic miracle of the Quran.”
Then you’ve found yourself in good hands إن شاء الله. I’ve had to deal with all of these, and gone through various programs, courses and books over the past decade. With God’s grace, I was finally able to very successfully complete Bayyinah’s Dream program, an intensive 10-month course modeled on immersion in the Arabic language. That served as a launchpad for future endeavors, such as pursuing an Islamic Studies program that is conducted solely in Arabic and reading/adapting Arabic texts with minimal difficulty. I’ve also had the chance to experiment with different teaching styles and see what delivers results in efficiently with as little fluff as possible. I’ve been able to do this as a working family man as well.
Why am I telling you all of this? Because I want you to know that there is a way it can be done, and it doesn’t have to be as gnarly as the path I’ve taken. You don’t have to make the same mistakes I did or waste time getting stuck. I had a lot of help to get to where I am, and I want to help you do the same.
On my e-mail list, I’ll be sharing tips for learning Arabic, straightforward series for learning the rules of Arabic, gems from amazing works that have never been translated to English, walk-throughs/reviews of teaching texts and examples of the Quran’s linguistic superiority, among other treats. To join, simply enter your e-mail and click “Yes, include me!”